Reports in Gnucash 1.8.8 cause segmentation fault on a SuSE 9.1 Pro installation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 8 10:09:07 EDT 2004

Randy Burgess <rburgess at usable-thought.com> writes:

> Not sure what FAQ you're referring to. The FAQ at
> http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFrequentlyAskedQuestions
> is the only one I know about, and seems pretty useless. Is there
> another FAQ that's better?

http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCash

> Other than that, SuSE installs gconfd-1 by default in /opt/gnome/bin -
> so yes, it's there.

That doesn't mean it's _RUNNING_ ...

Another thing to try.  Start gnucash, then "gdb attach" the running
gnucash process, then start a report, then get a backtrace in gdb to
see where it's segfaulting.

-derek