Reports by Month

Bob Goodwin robert.goodwin2 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 8 16:05:51 EDT 2004

Maf. King wrote:

>On Tuesday 07 Sep 2004 19:11, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>>"Edit the report options for the report in particular to get it to
>>report only for the month/quarter in question."
>>
>>I can't find any place in report options to generate a report for
>>a specific time period.  I would like to print the report for my
>>checking account for the last three months, July, August,
>>September perhaps?
>>
>>If I understand the above statement I should be able to control
>>this from "report options" which only appears to allow me to set
>>what columns are included? I don't doubt that I'm doing something
>>wrong but what?
>>

>I suppose you have pressed the "report" button from the register window
>toolbar. I think the only thing you are doing "wrong", is that the 2 register
>reports don't let you specify a date range :-(  (at least on gc 1.8.8, which
>I have on this machine)
>
> -Most- of the reports available under the main window Reports menu (eg A
>transaction report) let you set the date range as Derek suggested.   Maybe
>you can use the transaction report to give you the print out you need.
>

>HTH,
>Maf.

Yes it does what I want once I learned the correct procedure. I was
simply requesting a report from the screen where I entered my checks and
that does not have the more comprehensive set of options that I get from
the main reports window.

I am now able to print a report for the period from 2004.07.01 to
2004.09.08 and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia