Blank Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 10 20:17:57 EDT 2004

Allen Ziegenfus <listmail at allenz.net> writes:

> On the fine day of Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:22:56 -0400
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> said very eloquently:
>
>> Did you change gnome-print?
>>
>> Question: when you run the report does it show up in the screen
>> window ok?  Or is that blank, too?  (trying to figure if it's the
>> report rendering that's the problem or just printing a rendered report
>> out to a printer).
>
> I haven't touched gnome-print since December, but I could try rebuilding
> that if you think it will help.

Not sure...

> The problem is both on the screen using the preview functionality and
> when printing. Some reports are blank; others just show a table full of
> blank cells. Would gnome-print be responsible for only the printing
> part? If so then it looks like gtkhtml is to blame. Maybe I'll start
> looking through the dependencies of gtkhtml to see if I can figure
> something out.

What do you mean by "preview functionality"?  When you click
the "Report" button (or click on one of the Report menu items)
does the report actually show up properly in the screen?  This
is before you click on "print".

If the report shows up fine in the main gnucash window then the
problem is most likely gnome-print, although it could be the
relationship between gtkhtml and gnome-print.