A few business questions

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 11 10:02:19 EDT 2004

E Dodd wrote:

>This one I know
>You set it up when you write the invoice
>you either say this is an invoice for $1100 including tax
>or an invoice for $1000 and tell gnucash to add the tax.
>You do need to set the tax tables before you write the invoice
>Liz

Yep, I did all that... Ok, looking around, I think my accounts aren't
set up properly or I'm not entering transactions correctly. This is what
I have:

Current Assets:Chequing Account
Current Assets:Undeposited Funds
Current Assets:Accounts Receivable
Tax Liabilities:Taxes Collected

I was putting the income in Undeposited Funds instead of an income
account. Well, in "Other Revenue" I have a consulting income account, so
that's what I'll put it in.... Ahhh! Much better! Now it looks like a
really company statement.

Thanks,

<Laurent Duperval> lduperval at videotron.ca

[Crash programs] fail because they are based on the theory that, with nine
women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.
		-- Wernher von Braun