Gnucash Server Downtime: cvs and email, Sep 21, 1-4pm US/EDT

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 20 17:06:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

I plan to take down cvs.gnucash.org (aka lists.gnucash.org) tomorrow,
Tuesday, September 21, between 1pm and 4pm US/Eastern Daylight Time
(1700 - 2000 UTC).  I'll send out another reminder mail before I take
down the network.  During this outage there will be no access to cvs,
cvsweb, the list archives, or list email.  No data should be lost
during this planned outage.

While I've scheduled a 3 hour window I don't expect the work to take
nearly that long.  However problems do sometimes occur so I want to be
on the safe side.  Best case scenario, I think the server will be down
for no more than 30 minutes.  But I've got three machines, two UPSes,
a KVM, and some network hardware to tear down, move two floors, and
then set up again.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this planned
outage.

-derek, cvs/lists maintainer