cannot read old files

Guido Milanese gmilanese at mclink.it
Wed Sep 22 17:05:56 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I have a serious problem -- I hope it's not too much of a FAQ (I checked the
archives but could not find an answer).

For a hardware problem I had to install again my system from scratch (Mandrake
10). I had previously backed up all of my data. I started gnucash, telling to
load the most recent *.xac file I restored from the backup. The program hangs
up -- and starting from a terminal it seems to be looping over and over.

Is there a standard system I do not know to bypass this problem?

With many thanks, all the best from Italy.
g.

--
Guido Milanese
Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua, Genova (Genoa), Italy