How to change the currency for an invoice?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 22 10:52:53 EDT 2004

Yee Koon Loh <yeekoon at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>     I am new to GNUcash. I am currently using version 1.8.8 from Mandrake 10.0.
>
>    1.  I have created an invoice in SGD$. But, I discovered that it
> should be in US$ instead. How can I change it to US$?

Uh, you can't.  There's no UI method to set that.  You could hand-edit
the XML to change the currency...  But.

>    2. If I cannot do that, how can I delete the invoice and reissue a
> new one? I need to delete the old one as I need to keep the invoice
> number the same for accounting purposes.

You cannot delete an invoice.  You could, however, mark this one as
inactive and manually set the invoice ID when you create the new one.

>    3. It seems that the currency is tied to a particular customer. How
> can I issue invoices of different currencies to the same customer?

Currently this is the only UI method to set the invoice currency, so,
basically you can't.  You can try changing the customer currency before
issuing the invoice.