Loan Druid in GnuCash 1.88 is a Thing of Beauty!!! (tm)

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 29 16:57:10 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 15:27, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Honestly, I dont think gnucash's SXes will properly handle the "skip a
> payment" thing.  Nor does it handle paying down the principal.  The
> code does not compute interest based on the current principal balance.
> It's all computed based on the original principal.

Darn - I thought I had finally figured the loan thing out. Anyway, I set up
the loan accounts based on principle owed as of 12/31/03, and did the skip a
payment by setting my first payment as 2/19/2004. I'll have to check the
principle vs interest to see how that worked.

I did see where things go astray on longer term and larger amount loans (home
mortgage). I'll manually adjust the principle versus interest on those
payments. Still - that is a cool druid. Thanks.
BruceG