Gnome2 Port

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri Apr 1 07:16:11 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:32 -0500, Ben Pracht wrote:
> At the risk of asking a dumb question, I'm running FC3 what version of
> Gnome I'm I running?  I'm not sure how I'd know.
>
> Regards,
> Ben

Ben,

You're running Gnome 2.8, but you also have loaded several compatibility
libraries providing support for Gnome 1.x which are needed in order to
run GnuCash.

The Gnome2 port of GnuCash would presumably eliminate the need for those
compatibility libraries and run using the native Gnome 2.x libraries.
But the developers are still working on releasing that port and we do
not have a specific expected date of release.  Paraphrasing Derek, "it
will be released when it's done".

--Rob