Processing Customer Payments

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Apr 4 23:39:38 EDT 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 5:00 AM, Derrick Ashby wrote:

> I certainly have an account for each
> customer, but the only way to tell which invoices have been paid and
> which haven't is to religiously enter the invoice number and
> description
> at every stage of the transaction and ignore the "Paid" column
> altogether.  The main problem is that the receivables aging report is
> completely useless.

Me, too.  I had assumed that this "work-around" that I'd stumbled
across reflected my ignorance of GnuCash, and I was going to ask how to
deal with the properly when I came across this thread.

And I really would like to have a usable receivables aging report.

I realize that GnuCash is GPLed, and so it would be much nicer for me
to submit a patch along with the complaint.  But (a) I'm just getting
to grips with bookkeeping in the first place, (b) I'm just getting to
grips with how GnuCash works (at the user level).  (c) I'm not a very
good coder.

-j