Tax treatment for non-US users

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 14:38:18 EDT 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 7:21 pm, Dr. C. K. Shayin wrote:
> I am a resident of India. Is there an option so that country specific
> tax laws can be applied for calculating taxes?

There are no UK tax settings either, the problem is two fold:

1. The developers don't have detailed knowledge of other tax systems outside
their own.
2. Tax changes every time the wind changes.

It can be a lot of work to keep up and when that is scaled to each possible
tax system, I hope you can see the problems.

It is not a trivial task - finding any common ground between just 2 tax
systems, e.g. USA and UK, is not going to be easy. If you have ideas (or a
patch), feel free!

--

Neil Williams