Guile crash (segmentation fault) on various operations

Bill Kavadas bnk62 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 10 00:38:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this problem has been listed before but I
searched the mail archives and Google for this problem and I couldn't
find anything.

I just installed gnucash on my debian sarge system (apt-get install
gnucash) - it has installed version 1.8.10.

I setup my accounts using the wizard but when I try and do even the most
basic operations (e.g double click an account to add entries) I get a
dialog box with the following error:

Application "/usr/bin/guile-1.6" (process XXXXX) has crashed due to a
fatal error. (Segmentation fault).

I ran gnucash with "--debug --loglevel 6" but the debugging output is
silent at the time of the crash (which makes sense as it seems guile is
crashing which is causing gnucash to do the same).

Has anyone encountered this before and found a solution? I tried
installing gnucash on a friend's debian sarge box and got the exact same
behaviour.

Cheers,
Bill