Reconcilliation Woes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 12 16:12:26 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Richard Gilligan wrote:

> What do you do to "manually fix" this?

   Change the diff field to 0.00

> Is the balance always off by the same amount?

   I've not tried to fix the problem before now. As long as the gnucash
balance == paper register balance == bank statement balance, I'm happy. But,
I will be tracking it over the next few months to see how to get the same
results that you do ... balanced consistently with no unreconciled difference
displayed.

> If you do View->sort Order->Statement Date do you see any unreconciled
> transactions at the top that are not in your current statement period?

   No.

> I have been using reconcile on several accounts for a few years now.
> Eventually, I have always been able to get the balances to agree.

   I'll let you know after the next month's statement is processed.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President