Reconcilliation Woes

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 13 21:02:42 EDT 2005

Quoting Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

>    If the problem was that I did not know what number to enter in the dialog
> box, then that should be documented. I could not find this when I went
> searching on the web site.

In the first page of the reconcile process you insert the statement end date and
the statement ending balance from you bank.  When you set the statement ending
date gnucash will GUESS at the statement ending balance by inserting the
register balance as of the date.  You MUST change this to the statement ending
balance before proceeding.

Then reconciliation is as simple as marking off all transactions that are on the
statement, and adding any missing transactions (and then marking them off as
well).  At the end you should have a "difference" of $0.