Reconcilliation Woes

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Thu Apr 14 13:28:34 EDT 2005

--- Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew at farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong here, I don't mean to imply that
> GnuCash is doing
> something "wrong" and I apologise for my unfortunate
> choice of wording.
> I was trying to discriminate between the two values
> available: 1)the
> number provided by GNC and 2) the number provided by
> a statement. And I
> was trying to point out that the user should use a
> methodology that
> provides the right value and that GNC attempts to
> provide this value,
> but that it should always be checked against the
> statement. Sorry 'bout
> that!

In general, that can't be done.  If I write a cheque
today, it may not be cashed until 3 months from now.
I want that cheque in GNC when I write it, not
necessarily when it's cashed.  The same is true with
credit card receipts.  There can be a few days
difference between you use your card and the charge
appears on your statement.

Phil