Giving up on Gnucash

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Fri Apr 22 11:56:53 EDT 2005

If you're a businessman as I am, do a make or buy calculation. I've always
built my own computer and software tools - both Microsoft and Linux. I'm
both a MS developer and a Linux developer.

I would suggest hiring a summer CS (junior-senior year)intern to get GuCash
up and running and to make a list of needed enhancements for you. If you
finance the enhancements with your own team you'll have a competitive edge
and contribute something worthwhile to society.

Regarding Word, I couldn't agree more. Word crashes at about 30 pages with
photos. I delivered an 800 page Operations and Maintenance Manual to the
USAF last summer - done in 45 days with Latex. My client stated it was the
best O&M manual he has ever seen....The author of Tex, Donald Knuth, offers
a bounty on bugs. The first software bug finder gets $2, then next $4, etc
by a power of 2. The next bug is worth $32....

One needs to understand that Microsoft is slowly dying on the vine and Linux
is like the ivy that just creeps in everywhere..

Tedc