Giving up on Gnucash

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Fri Apr 22 15:56:31 EDT 2005

The single column might be easier for some beginners and is probably pretty
clear for a checking or savings account. However I wonder how
intuitive this is for liability accounts. My bank and some credit card companies
send out single column statements but for checking present all entries as
positive but segregate all deposits, electronic withdrawals and checks and
for credit cards use signs. Others use two columns. Curiously all seem to
use two columns for the online presentation.

Perhaps this is a candidate for a Request For Enhancement with the ability
to choose presentation either by global setting on account type or per
account. A user could choose a style that matches the statements he
receives for that account.

I adjusted to double entry a while ago so I won't put in the request.
Someone who likes this idea should formally enter it as an RFE.

Dale Alspach