A response from the trenches

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 24 23:15:24 EDT 2005

Quoting Derrick Ashby <daeroncs at fastmail.fm>:

> I suppose it depends what you mean by both "basic" and "accounting
> feature". Personally, I'd like to see the ability to use cash accounting
> rather than accrual accounting for business income and business taxes. I
> can't really convert our business fully to gnucash unless that happens.

That's purely a reporting issue; you just need to subtract your A/R from Income
and A/P from Expenses.  It's really not hard to "fix" after the fact; it's just
that the current reports dont back-track for you.

I'll also note that by definition you can't do invoicing in a non-accrual basis.
 By definition an invoice IS an accrual.  It's just a question of how you
report it at the end.