Appearance of unwanted character in reports

Stewart V. Wright svwright.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:45:43 EDT 2005

G'day David,

* David Needs <djnjwd at ntlworld.com> [050427 15:34]:
> Thank you; this does solve the problem, but the advice given in the FAQ wiki
> only works if you edit the LANG/locale settings in a shell, and then run
> Gnucash from that shell. The FAQ does not suggest a way of permanently
> keeping the settings so that it can be run without resorting to the command
> line every time...

I guess you want this to work for clicking on the GnuCash icon?

Create a script that looks something like:

#!/bin/sh
LANG=en.AU gnucash

(where the LANG is the one you want...  I'm sorry, but I deleted the
start of this thread and can't remember the one you want!)

Make it executable ( chmod a+x gnucash-script )

Then change the command that your GnuCash button runs to be this
script.

There might be an easier way however.

Fortunately this won't break anything if you make a mistake somewhere
along the way!

Cheers,

S.