Functions and Variables in Scheduled Transactions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Aug 3 14:56:22 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:42 -0500, Andres Villarreal wrote:
> On your excellent documentation I could not find information on the
> formulas and variables that can be used in scheduled transactions.
>
> I also had to learn by trial and error some of the details of scheduled
> transactions.
>
> This goes in sharp contrast with all the other functionality of the
> package that I have used, which I have been able to understand even
> though I am not an accountant (I am a computer scientist).
>
> Please guide me to any existing documentation. I would be happy to help
> updating the documentation that comes with the package.

See
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq#Q:_How_do_I_use_variables_and_formula_in_scheduled_transactions.3F

You're more than welcome to write an appropriate section for the gnucash
documentation, or for the mailing-list archives, or a sub-section of the
wiki.  I'd be quite happy to review and comment on it, as well.

...jsled