How to make file save happen more often? (autosave)

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Aug 3 21:33:30 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 19:09 -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> I'd like to force file save every so often.
>
> Suggestions?

1/ Look in the mailing list archives for the the previous iterations of
discussion about this; I recall the most recent one to have a relatively
high S/N ratio.

2/ Submit a patch.  I'd use gtk's timed event-notification to kick off
the normal file-save behavior.  Certainly a-priori discussing a policy
about what to do if the save required user input will make it easier to
know what to implement.

...jsled