How to make file save happen more often? (autosave)

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 3 22:26:27 EDT 2005

Isn't gnucash "busy" during file save?  i.e. you cannot interact with it
to, say, enter new transactions.

If this is not the case, what to do when a user enters a transaction
where one split is in an account already saved, and the other is not?
File saving is not particularly quick, and this scenario would likely
pop up frequently.

If it is the case that one cannot interact with gnucash during file
save, then as a user, I would suggest this is annoying.

If the database rear-end is used, then file saving is not an issue.  My
suggestion is to bring that rear-end up to speed.

Mark Johnson