Archiving question

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Aug 4 14:21:21 EDT 2005

that's what I love about this list. Lots and lots of interesting
information about who knows what. fun!

What do you all find to be the great use in "closing books" at the end
of a year? I personally only make 12/31/xx entries to bring my
depreciation and other annual expenses into line with the accountants
numbers and march on. This allows me to do year to year comparisons and
so forth.

Is there some practical advantage that I'm missing here? Some GAAP
advantage I'm missing?

Andrew