Problem on OS X

Ersatz Sophist philonous at pomosophist.com
Sat Aug 20 12:29:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

Since upgrading to Tiger, I have been getting the following error in
association with the register.

** CRITICAL **: file gnucash-sheet.c: line 141
(gnucash_sheet_cursor_set_from_table): assertion
`gnucash_sheet_cell_valid (sheet, v_loc)' failed.
Error: gnc_split_register_get_tra...(): bad row

** CRITICAL **: file gnucash-sheet.c: line 141
(gnucash_sheet_cursor_set_from_table): assertion
`gnucash_sheet_cell_valid (sheet, v_loc)' failed.

This error is accompanied by loss of functionality in the register. I
cannot use tab to navigate the fields in each entry. The latter is
repeated every time I click in a new field.

I installed gnucash through fink, and I am on the 10.4 transitional
tree. I have a feeling that I need to rebuild one of either the
gnucash modules or one of the gnome components in order to end this
error, but I don't know which one. Can anyone help?

I have rebuilt gnucash a couple of times, but that does not do the
trick. So, I think I have to rebuild one of the gnome components. Any
and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Payam
------
"...who search the reason of things
Are those who bring the most sorrow on themselves."
     --Euripides, The Medea