script to automatically assign account

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 20:45:28 EST 2005

On Dec 7, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to GnuCash and just getting started.
> I have a question I haven't been able to find in
> the documentation. Say I'm importing my 2005Nov
> credit card transactions--is there a way to
> script GnuCash so that, for example, transactions
> matching SAFEWAY are automatically put into
> Expenses:Groceries?
>
> Thanks for a great project.

I don't know about scripting, but once you've done one import where
you set the account to Expenses:Groceries, any subsequent import will
use that account as a default. You might have to define it once for
each Safeway you use, since I think they get store numbers included
in the OFX description field.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net