ISO4217:USD retrieval problem

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Dec 16 15:51:27 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 14:42 -0500, Nick Stuyt wrote:

> Tracking the mailing list I assumed that thread titled:
> "F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]"
> was related and I still do.
>
> It mentions that a newer version of F_Q is available (CVS form) but I've
> been waiting patently for the released version to have the fixes. So
> periodically I run /usr/bin/update-finance-quote to see if anything new
> is released.

I haven't yet made a new release and pushed it to CPAN.

> I have perl-5.8.5-22.FC3 installed this morning.
>
> When running /usr/bin/update-finance-quote I continually get this
> message:
>
> /usr/bin/update-finance-quote
> stuff
> html/form..............ok
> robot/rules-dbm........ok
> robot/rules............ok
> live/jigsaw-te.........ok
> live/validator.........ok
> Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> live/activestate.t                 1    1 100.00%  1
> live/jigsaw-chunk.t                5    1  20.00%  2
> Failed 2/41 test scripts, 95.12% okay. 2/827 subtests failed, 99.76%
> okay.
> make: *** [test] Error 255
>   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Looks like there is update for LWP, but there's problem with its test
cases.

> Date::Manip is up to date.
> HTML::Parser is up to date.
> Finance::Quote is up to date.
> [root at nstuyt-2 ~]#
>
> which has me thinking that it never updates but that the statement:
> Finance::Quote is up to date
> realling means that it is leaving my last state for this package
> untouched.

Correct.  You have the last released version of F::Q.

I had all the F::Q test cases working a as of a month ago.  I'll try and
make some time before the start of the year to see if everything is
still working and then push out a new release.

David