Problems with QIF import for checking account - category matching seems horribly designed

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Dec 30 05:46:11 EST 2005

please reply to the list.

Mr.Gandhavadi, B wrote:
> I have the same problem.
> I have Microsoft Money file with my accounts in my C drive Linux partition.
> I can't import the info/files into GnuCash.

you must export your transactions from ms money to  .qif format. Gnucash
cannot read microsoft money proprietart acccount formats, but can read
either qif or ofx information. Make ms money eport to thoseo formats and
you can import into gnucash just fine.

> I am terribly disappointed that I still have to depend on Microsoft Money

you do not have to depend on ms money, you just have to make msmoney
export your transactions, or since its nearly the new year, set up dummy
transactions to summarize 2005 and start fresh for 2006.

> I think the problem is in the program, GnuCash and the vendor of Suse Linux,
> Osdisc.com also agrees with me.

good for them. ;)

> Please forward this to all the programmers of Gnucash.

just did that.