[Fwd: Re: Bill Jacqmein 401K loan]

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Dec 30 14:39:09 EST 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:
> "brydone at btinternet.com" <brydone at btinternet.com> writes:
>

> Actually, this isn't quite true.  I would be very happy to see a port
> of gnucash to Windows.  However, I have no interest in doing this
> myself, and none of the current developers care to do it either.  Yet
> if some future developer showed up and sent in patches to port GnuCash
> to Windows and offered to maintain the port, I would gladly support
> them in their efforts.
>
> I've said before and I will repeat it again: I'll happily commit
> portable patches that enable gnucash to build on Windows as well as
> the existing platforms.

just me trying to be helpful to someone off list. My assumption (you
know what happens... poor uma thurmond) was just that... ;) I was always
under the impression, though that the effort to port over to redmond
land would be pretty massive and pretty unlikely.

>>In my experience, inventory control and management is probably the most
>>important issue for businesses that carry inventory. There are few other
>>things over which you have as much control OR as much exposure. I've
>>been in restaurants or small shops that can't pay their ongoing bills
>>but have literelly 10's of thousands tied up in inventory -- enough to
>>last them months, yet still are ordering from suppliers every week to
>>maintain that inventory... ymmv.
>

> I'm sort of split over whether inventory control & management or
> payroll is the more important subsystem.

Personally, as far as headaches go, payroll would be better. It probably
takes up more of my time and brainpower than anything else I do. But,
inventory control is probably more important from a business management
pov, if you have inventory that is. For me, there is no way I could do
inventory control in gnucash simply because my books are at the office
and my inventory is at the store... and my inventory (which comprises
liquor, beer and wine) is pretty fluid (pun intended) and could never be
handled by an accouting package. others will differ.
my .02