Getting money for Gnucash development [was Re: Newbie migration issues]

E Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 1 05:52:39 EST 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 21:07, Rod Engelsman wrote:

> What exactly can you do with gnucash that you can't do with Quicken?
> I've been using MS Money for going on 15 years now, and I can tell you
> for a fact that these programs *do* use double-entry accounting. They
> just don't throw it in your face and expect you to learn a lot of new
> terms to describe the same thing.

Actually I would describe it as a parody of double entry accounting, because
you cannot actually check as easily the positive and negative balances with
quicken (not quickbooks) as with gnucash.
My experience was that with quicken my accountant charged me much more for the
time involved in straightening out the mess in which i had my books, and the
same accountant prefers me using gnucash because i can keep the positives and
negatives in the right columns.
so really, I could do heaps more with quicken than gnucash, but the accountant
didn't like it and charged me more for the privilege.
Liz

--
It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've
done and what you're going to do.