downloading transactions from Fidelity

Manish Bhatia manish_bhatia_2703 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:31:11 EST 2005

Hi
  I would like to move to GnuCash from MS Money.  My problem is that I use
Fidelity as my broker and it doesn't allow me to download transactions from
the website as a qif or ofx file.  I can only download them as a csv file.
When using Money, the software can automatically download transactions from
Fidelity - though I remember reading somewhere that this is not possible
using GnuCash since these companies are unwilling to declare the address of
their ofx servers.

  My question is - are there any GnuCash users out there who have had this
problem.  How did they solve it?  Is it possible to download the csv file
and then write some perl/python code to parse the transactions and add them
into GnuCash using some API?

Thanks
Manish