problems getting online price quotes

Anders Vinjar andersvi at extern.uio.no
Fri Feb 4 04:57:07 EST 2005

Hello everyone.

Ive poked around to find some answers to this without luck.
Hopefully someone might be able to lend me a hand here.

Trying to get online price-quotes for stocks and funds traded at
Oslo Børs.  One such ticker giving me aches is NHY.OL - (Norsk
Hydro at the Oslo Stock Exchange.)

This works fine using 'dump-finance-quote europe NHY.OL', which
returns sensible info.

However, retreiving price-quotes for the same commodity for an
account in gnucash doesnt work.  Ive tested with IBM and
Coca-Cola and such, which works, but the symbols im interested in
does not work.

I have a feeling this is related to the "Type"-pane in the
commodity editor.  What would be sensible values to put in there?

Would anyone care to verify if they are able to get quotes for
NHY.OL in their Price-Editor?

Thanks.

-anders