The trouble with double-entry...

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Sun Feb 6 02:25:03 EST 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 19:48, Rod Engelsman wrote:

> Finally,

Good Grief, Finally!!!

> another thing I would like to see is the ability to have the
> components of a split transactions have different dates associated with
> them. The date you wrote the check, the date it posted to the credit
> card account, and finally the date it cleared your bank. It would make
> reconciling statements easier.

Now, who would be interested in that?
Who wants to know when you sat down and wrote a cheque?
Why are you writing out cheques anyway? Why don't you transfer the money from
cheque account to credit card on line?  That will make your reconciliations
easier. :-))

--

Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.