Recovering from crash -- unlocking file.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Feb 6 18:27:40 EST 2005

On Sunday 06 Feb 2005 22:09, Richard Dawson wrote:
> GnuCash crashed as I was entering data.  When I reopened the program I
> received the message, "GnuCash could not obtain the lock
> for /home/mydirectory/XXX.  That database may be in use by another user, in
> which case you should not open the database."  XXX being the name of the
> account on which I was working.
>
> I am presented three options -- quit, open anyway, or create new file.
> Rebooting makes no change.
>
> How do I get back into the file?

Hi -

2 ways, both require that as  you are sure that the data file is not in use by
another user, or yourself on any other machines...

1. Just select "open anyway", GC will do the rest.

2. Delete the file <your account file name>.LCK which is in the same directory
as your accounts data file.

HTH.

Maf.