Recovering from crash -- unlocking file.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 18:14:48 EST 2005

On Sunday 06 February 2005 10:09 pm, Richard Dawson wrote:
> GnuCash crashed as I was entering data.  When I reopened the program I
> received the message, "GnuCash could not obtain the lock
> for /home/mydirectory/XXX.  That database may be in use by another user, in
> which case you should not open the database."  XXX being the name of the
> account on which I was working.
>
> I am presented three options -- quit, open anyway, or create new file.
> Rebooting makes no change.
>
> How do I get back into the file?

"Open anyway".

It's just checking in case someone else is logged into the computer and is
editing the same file at the same time. You know it's because of the crash,
you can determine if anyone else is logged in.

The lock will be removed when the file is opened, save the file when it's
loaded, then when you exit GnuCash normally, everything will be back to
normal.

--

Neil Williams