Newbie Question: Double entry and imported data

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Feb 8 09:52:28 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 Feb 2005 13:34, Andrew Grafham wrote:
> I've imported two OFX files into GnuCash, one for my bank account and
> one for my credit card. There's a payment into the credit card account
> from my bank account. At the moment they are two seperate
> transactions. How can I tell GnuCash that they are two sides of the
> same double entry?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Hi,

in one of the transactions, set the transfer account to be the other account.
Delete the surplus transaction.

i.e. in the bank account register, select the payment transaction, and
manually set the transfer account to be credit card.  Your credit card will
then be show 2 payments - delete the one which is not from the bank account,
and all should be correct.

HTH,
Maf.