Newbie Question: Double entry and imported data

Andrew Grafham andrew.grafham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:21:00 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:52:28 +0000, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> in one of the transactions, set the transfer account to be the other account.
> Delete the surplus transaction.
>
> i.e. in the bank account register, select the payment transaction, and
> manually set the transfer account to be credit card.  Your credit card will
> then be show 2 payments - delete the one which is not from the bank account,
> and all should be correct.
>
> HTH,

That sounds ok, except the transactions are likely to have different
dates. I suppose to be 100% proper, I need a "Money that is floating
between my bank account and my credit card" account, which the money
sits in for the few days between when I pay the bill and when it gets
credited to my account.

Cheers

Andy