changing label in type list

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sun Feb 13 18:14:33 EST 2005

Hello.

I believe I've found a minor issue in 1.8.9, which is apparently not yet
solved in 1.8.11 according to the changelog(*): when adding a new price
for a currency, the dropdown type list shows ISO4127 but when reopening
the same dialog the name displayed in the field changes to CURRENCY. Is
this normal or should I file a bug?

A related question: I have multiple foreign currency accounts in my
chart of accounts and all foreign cash has been bought in banks instead
of being loaded from equity accounts as suggested in the docs. I did so
because the money spent to buy those foreign currencies had to go
somewhere 8-) but the question is: how do prices inserted with the price
editor affect/interact with those previous purchase transactions?

TIA for your help,
Andrea.

(*) I'll try 1.8.11 as soon as it hits "unstable" in Debian.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT