OFX Importer and Transaction Matcher

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 14 00:44:16 EST 2005

> Another problem I have with the matcher which isn't related to the date:
>
> My paycheck gets direct deposited every two weeks.  The amount is always
> slightly different.  I never enter the transaction manually, but allow
> the transaction importer to do so as a "new" transaction.  Unfortuately,
> it always attempts to match with the previous transaction rather than
> create a new one.  The date is always two weeks previous, the amount
> different, AND the transaction is ALREADY marked as cleared.  The only

It the previous transaction was entered or cleared by importing an OFX file
this should NEVER happen!  If it does, either your bank does not send unique
ID (which is not compliant with the OFX standard), or you've just found a
VERY serious bug (and unlikely) bug in the importer.

> reason I can think of that it matches is that the description is
> identical.  If it placed a greater weight on transaction amount and
> whether or not the transaction has already been cleared, I think it
> would then suggest that the transaction is a new one rather than try to
> match with the previous one.

The weight on the amount IS quite high. you can always increase the auto-match
threshold if you want.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/