Importing OFX/QFX

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 11:29:38 EST 2005

On Feb 15, 2005, at 9:35 AM, rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been entering all my banking transactions by hand because
> somewhere
> along the way I broke someting in my OFX/QFX import.  Can't figure out
> how
> to fix it.
>
> When I import, the left-side of the transaction matcher shows
> account "Unspecified."  I think this used to show my Checking account.
>  If
> I am understanding correctly, the left side should be the checking
> account,
> and the right side should be the expense or income account.  If I
> select the
> checking acccount on the right side, it turns my deposits into
> withdrawals,
> and vice-versa.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and how to fix it?
>  This used to work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Shepherd

Before trying to edit the xml, is there anything in the 'Unspecified'
account? If not, you could try deleting the account inside Gnucash and
then importing an OFX file -- giving the importer the correct account.
I'm not sure this would work, and it certainly won't work if you've
been using Unspecified for transactions, but it beats editing xml.

Dave