Importing OFX/QFX

rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com
Tue Feb 15 12:17:58 EST 2005

Problem solved by deleting the "unspecified" account.  Thanks to everyone
who replied!

--Bob S.
--- David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2005, at 9:35 AM, rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been entering all my banking transactions by
hand because
> > somewhere
> > along the way I broke someting in my OFX/QFX
import.  Can't figure out
> > how
> > to fix it.
> >
> > When I import,
the left-side of the transaction matcher shows
> > account "Unspecified."
 I think this used to show my Checking account.
> >  If
> > I am understanding
correctly, the left side should be the checking
> > account,
> > and the
right side should be the expense or income account.  If I
> > select the

> > checking acccount on the right side, it turns my deposits into

withdrawals,
> > and vice-versa.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I'm doing
wrong, and how to fix it?
> >  This used to work.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Bob Shepherd
> >

> Before trying to edit the xml, is there anything
in the 'Unspecified'
> account? If not, you could try deleting the account
inside Gnucash and
> then importing an OFX file -- giving the importer the
correct account.
> I'm not sure this would work, and it certainly won't
work if you've