Multiple currencies for Credit cards

Tom Haskins-Vaughan tom at meandmini.com
Tue Feb 15 14:52:53 EST 2005

I have credit cards in GBP and USD. Do I need two separate expense
accounts as follows:

Expenses:Banking charges:Credit Card Interest USD
Expenses:Banking charges:Credit Card Interest GBP

Or would one do?

I'm thinking that if I only had one, then the exchange rate would come
into play for each monthly fee.

Liabilites:US Credit Card -> Expenses:Banking charges:Credit Card Interest

Whereas if I had two separate expense accounts then the exchange rate
would only be important when I was compiling reports, e.g. a balance sheet.

What are people's thoughts?

Tom