gnucash-user Digest, Vol 23, Issue 35

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 28 09:56:24 EST 2005

melissa <melissa at linux-house.net> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I have generate the Balance Sheet Report and Profit and Loss Report.
> 1) Where will the income should be appear  in Balance sheet or P&L report.

Income doesn't appear on the Balance Sheet.  The next "income minus expense"
will show up as Retained Earnings under Equity.

In the P&L report the Income is at the top.

> 2) How is the entries for the payment susposed to be done,?
> Ok i have created customer, and enter invoice in the customer account and also
> entered  payment into the customer account.
> But in my Balance sheet report it only showing 0 Balance no record of sales
> made.

Did you "post" your invoices?
Did you then "Business -> Customer -> Process Payment" to pay them?

> 3) The record of sales does'nt show in Balance sheet neither in Profit and
> Loss report so where will the this income will be shown.
>
> My the other accountant is using different kind accounts software , but he got
> report showing Income in Profit & Loss report..
>
> Pls let me know , i just wondering whether i m doing correct or not.

Sounds like you are not doing it correctly, but I can't tell from what
you've said.