OFX not working

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Tue Jan 4 20:29:13 EST 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 20:08, badgers wrote:
> I have spent the last week reading about how to import ofx files.
> it seems that vanguard.com give me a choice in formats. When I googled
> the subject it seemed that gnucash liked the ofx format.
> but when I import my transactions I end up with -25 bucks.  I have a
> positive balance and always have.
> It seems that some of the transactions are not comming in.
> This is a simple money market account. the share price is always $1.00
> and it always has been.....
> any ideas?
>

> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SELLTYPE (SELL) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 34834)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTSEC (CASH) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35220)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTFUND (OTHER) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35251)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SELLTYPE (SELL) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35289)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTSEC (CASH) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35685)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTFUND (OTHER) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35716)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SELLTYPE (SELL) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 35754)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTSEC (CASH) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 36150)
> LibOFX ERROR: WRITEME: SUBACCTFUND (OTHER) is not supported by the
> INVESTMENT container
> (Above message occured on Line 1, Column 36181)

The first step to diagnose is to run ofxdump on your file and see if the
output makes sense and is complete.  If it is, check that your commodity is
set properly on the gnucash account.

If it isn't, I'll need a sample file, and a description of the expected
behaviour.  I have no way to test investments account here, and this code was
writtent directly from the spec, but isn't a complete implementation.  Either
the abcence of one of the above "WRITEME" is the source of your problem, or I
misinterpreted the meaning of one of the elements.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/