Canadian Stocks in USD (eventually)

Oliver D. Iberien oliver-forward at charter.net
Fri Jan 7 22:11:02 EST 2005

> > My understanding is that the Toronto exchange is entered as TSE. One of
the
> > posts I read suggested adding .TO to the ends of the symbols, but this has
> > not yet done anything.

> Gnucash uses Finance::Quote to get stock prices.  If you want F::Q to
> pull stock prices from the Toronto exchange, ask for quotes from Yahoo
> and use a stock symbol that ends in '.TO'.

Thank you. This solves part of the problem. One oddity is that one of the
symbols is "IPL.UN" -- it has a period in it, which must confuse
Finance::Quote. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

It looks as if there is some way to tell Finance::Quote to convert the CDN to
USD for purposes of calculating present value so that it registers in the
Balance (Report) column as USD. I do not know how do to this, but if anyone
has something can can be cut-and-pasted in somewhere, I would be grateful for
it. Or any other method that works. Thanks!