Canadian Stocks in USD (eventually)

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Sun Jan 9 17:53:19 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 21:30 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> I have a share on a German exchange, but quoted in USD. F::Q gets the
> price from Yahoo Europe in USD, but Gnucash calls the USDs EURs, so I
> have to manually edit the currency of the price to USD every time.

F::Q, not gnucash, assumes that all stocks on all German exchanges are
quoted in EUR.

> How can I tell Gnucash that the price should in USD, so that "Get
> Quotes" does everything automatically?

Is there equivalent ticker symbol you can use that would pull a quote
from a US stock exchange?  That quote would be reported by F::Q in USD.

David

BTW, would you let me know the ticker symbol?  I don't know that there's
any way to fix F::Q, but I will take a look at it.  It all depends upon
what data Yahoo provides back to F::Q.