Canadian Stocks in USD (eventually)

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 15:30:56 EST 2005

> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 20:35 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> Gnucash uses Finance::Quote to get stock prices.  If you want F::Q to
> pull stock prices from the Toronto exchange, ask for quotes from Yahoo
> and use a stock symbol that ends in '.TO'.  Yahoo uses the symbol
suffix
> to determine which particular stock exchange to pull prices from, and
> returns the quotes in the local currency of the exchange.  I.E. It
just
> returns numbers.  F::Q knows the suffix to exchange mapping and tacks
on
> the right currency identifier (i.e. CAD) before passing the data back
> gnucash.

I have a share on a German exchange, but quoted in USD. F::Q gets the
price from Yahoo Europe in USD, but Gnucash calls the USDs EURs, so I
have to manually edit the currency of the price to USD every time.

How can I tell Gnucash that the price should in USD, so that "Get
Quotes" does everything automatically?

Jeff