Not a QIF File???

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 01:24:05 EST 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 12:19 AM, JUNIPER wrote:

>   I downloaded and imported my first QIF file from Washington Mutual
> Bank with no problem, but when I tried the same thing with my credit
> card, downloading the file BankOne.QIF, when I tried to import it I
> got a message that it was apparently not a QIF file. Bank One said it
> was, and the file downloaded had the QIF extension. Any suggestions? I
> repeated the whole process twice to make sure I hadn't made a mistake.
> (Gnu 1.8.9).
>    Steve J

Have you looked at the BankONE.qif file with a text editor to see that
it is all there? I have a BankOne credit card that started out as a
FirstUSA card (ah, the wonders of bank mergers...) that always gives me
problems downloading. The site says it has sent xx transactions for the
download, but I usually get a time-out error and no file. In my case I
don't get anything transferred, so the file never even gets created. If
you happen to get part of the file before something decides to quit
working, you may end up with a partial file.

Curiously, when I ask for the site to send me qfx, it all shows up in
my browser, I save as text, and the import into gnucash works fine.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net