Adding investment type

Alan Mencin alan at mencin.net
Tue Jan 4 01:52:13 EST 2005

I want to add the ability for GnuCash to track options through
finance::Quote.  I found one file that addresses the investment type
(e.g. stock, bond, etc.).  One place that needs to be changed to
accommodate this is the file named commodity-table.scm.  There needs to
be an entry here that defines a commodity of type OPR.  I am assuming
that I need to also change the files located in
/usr/share/gnucash/accounts/C.  Is there someone who can direct me on
how to do this?  Are there any other changes I need to know about?
Thanks!