start up warnings - what do I do with them?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 4 08:53:21 EST 2005

"Curtis L. Engelbrecht" <curtengelbrecht at cox.net> writes:

> I was trying to export my txf records, and gnucash crashed.. I started
> gnucash in a terminal to capture the output, but on startup, received
> 165  pairs of these warnings:
>
> Warning: xaccTransFindOldCommonCurr...(): unable to find a common
> currency, and that is strange.
> Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found
>
> I don't normally start from a terminal, so its possible I've had these
> warnings for a while, and not seen them. Until the txf export crash, I
> haven't experienced any problems running gnucash, notwithstanding the
> warnings. I'm currently running FC3 and 1.8.9. I've looked in the
> archives, but the few hits don't seem to address the problem.
>
> Any suggestions on what to look for? Would upgrading to 1.8.10 be wise
> at this time with these errors?

I think that 1.8.10 may solve your txf issue..

As for the common currency issue I don't know what to tell you --
you'll need to figure out what transaction does not have the common
currency and fix it.