Unbalanced balance sheet

Derrick Ashby daeroncs at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 17 07:52:22 EST 2005

Derek,

I was suspecting that the problem had something to do with the share
portfolio.  I think the problem may have to do with a "stock split" I
entered - actually a 10 to 1 consolidation.  This involved the number of
issued shares being reduced by 90%, which effectively revalued the
shares by a factor of 10.  I followed the instructions provided, but
given what you say,   do I have to do something else to get the balance
sheet to balance? I might say that I experimentaly removed all the share
portfolio transactions from the file, but the balance sheet still did
not balance.  Are there hidden transactions involved that can't be undone?

Derrick